“Transcription Canada Careers“
Canada’s Best Transcription ServicesAward-winning, Canadian-based transcription services — from audio and video transcription to court reporting — with superior customer support and the highest standards for security and confidentiality in the Canadian transcription services industry.
General Transcription Careers
Audio & Video
Benefit from our wide range of transcription services — 100% human-based, English as first language, and proudly Canadian — with secure, confidential data transfer and transcript delivery.
Authorized Court Transcription Careers
Canadian Certified Court Transcripts
Find professional, confidential court reporters and Authorized Court Transcriptionists to transcribe your hearings, examinations, meetings, or events — certified for use as evidence in court proceedings.
Transcription Job Requirements
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience and knowledge of office equipment (i.e., computers, copiers, scanners and telephones). Must also be familiar with the software listed below.
- A minimum of three years’ experience doing transcription.
- A minimum typing speed of 70 words per minute (wpm).
- Excellent English language skills are required— including written and verbal communication skills.
- Must work in a timely manner and meet deadlines.
- Able to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Must be computer literate and comfortable using Windows 10. Must also be capable of learning new software applications. Strong knowledge of Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, Word and Excel is required.
- High attention to detail is necessary.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: must communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and with clients.
- Able to multi-task.
- Able to deal with interruptions effectively.
- This position requires problem solving skills — such as intellectual curiosity, enthusiasm, and creativity. Technology in this industry is always changing, so adaptability is also required.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills: able to handle difficulties in a calm and flexible manner.
- Must pass an RCMP high-security background check.
Benefits of a Transcription Career
- Choose how many hours you work
- No commute
Work from home
- Flexible working hours that fit around your schedule and lifestyle
- Competitive rate per minute
- Enjoyable: transcription work provides a sense of achievement and fulfillment for many people
Our Transcription Team
We hire transcribers with a minimum of three years’ experience and a minimum typing speed of 70 wpm. Our company pays from $.90- $1.20 per audio minute. The payment ranges based on the complexity of the audio. Transcription Canada’s rate per hour ranges from $25-$35. We require a minimum typing speed so that the payment stays within this range.
Many different transcription jobs exist: such as general, market research, medical and legal transcription. Transcription audio files are varied. They can include focus groups for market research, interviews, meetings, phone calls and zoom calls, to name a few.
Medical and legal transcription are specialized areas of transcription. These jobs require more extensive training. As such, medical and legal transcribers often earn more money.
Successful Transcribers have these Skills
Strong attention to detail – Our clients are paying for a service and they expect the work to be accurate. Transcription must be typed according to our company’s style guidelines and must be mistake-free.
Typing speed of at least 70 words per minute (wpm)- A fast typing speed is required. You can test your typing speed online with a free typing test.
Writing skills – Transcribers must have a thorough understanding of English language and grammar. They must possess basic writing skills.
Discretion – All transcription files and audio are confidential. Transcription data security is very important, and files must be kept secure. Therefore, transcribers must sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement. They must also maintain a professional and discreet manner at all times.
Computer skills – Our transcribers work remotely or from their homes. As such, they must be computer savvy. They should be able to use different computer programs and word processing software.
Listening skills– Transcribers must be able to listen to audio recordings carefully and interpret them accurately.
Time management – Transcription deadlines are non-negotiable. That means transcribers must work quickly and efficiently.
How to Apply
Click here to apply for a position as either a general transcriber or an Authorized Court Transcriptionist (ACT).
We only hire transcribers based in Canada, since our data cannot leave the country.
Once we have received your application, we will ask you to complete a typing test to confirm your typing speed.
Then we will send you a three-minute audio file for you to transcribe. We will make our final decision based on the results of the test.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please do not use the chat box for job inquires. Also, no phone calls please.